Amazon web services (AWS)
Amazon Web Services (AWS) training
About the training
AWS Certification Training is designed to provide in depth knowledge about AWS architectural principles
and its services. The sessions will be conducted by Industry practitioners who will train you to leverage
AWS services to make the AWS infrastructure scalable, reliable, and highly available. This training is
completely aligned to AWS Certified Solutions Architect Exam.
During this AWS Architect training you’ll learn:
1. AWS Architecture and different models of Cloud Computing
2. Compute Services: AWS EC2, Auto Scaling and Load Balancing, AWS Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk
3. Storage Services : AWS EBS, AWS S3, AWS Glacier, AWS CloudFront, AWS Snowball, Storage
4. Database Services: AWS RDS, AWS DynamoDB, ElastiCache, AWS RedShift
5. Security and Identity Services: IAM, KMS
6. Networking Services: Amazon VPC, Route 53, Direct Connect
7. Management Tools: AWS CloudTrail, AWS CloudWatch, CloudFormation, OpsWorks, Trusty Advisor
8. Application Services: SES, SNS, SQS
On completion of the AWS Certification training learner will be able to:
1. Design and deploy scalable, highly available, and fault tolerant systems on AWS
2. Understand lift and shift of an existing on-premises application to AWS
3. Ingress and egress of data to and from AWS
4. Identify the appropriate AWS service based on data, compute, database, or security requirements
5. Identify the appropriate use of AWS architectural best practices
6. Estimate AWS costs and identifying cost control mechanisms
Who Should Go For This Training?
This AWS certification training is designed for the IT professionals who want to pursue a career in Cloud
Computing and become AWS certified solutions architect.
The training is a best fit for:
1. Professionals who want Project Experience in migrating and deploying AWS solutions
2. Professionals with IT Infrastructure background
3. Professionals with Virtualisation experience
4. DevOps professionals
5. Professionals with understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance
AWS Solution Architects are among the highest paid IT professionals today with salaries ranging till $105K
(source: indeed job portal), and the market demand is on the surge.
You can check a blog related to AWS Certifications.
Also, here is an interesting blog highlighting the high demand for Cloud and Distributed Computing Skills.
“DevOps in the Cloud” is the market buzz and is the preferred learning path after AWS Training. Check out
the upgraded DevOps training details.
There are no specific prerequisites except basic Linux, Windows and Networking knowledge for participating in AWS training. Any professional who has an understanding of IT Service Management can join this training. There is no programming knowledge needed and no prior AWS experience required.
Which case studies will be a part of the course?
Problem Statement: Hosting a Website on Amazon Web Services
1. Configure a Virtual Private Cloud (VPC)
2. Create an Application Server within your VPC
3. Create a Database Server within your VPC
4. Deploy Your App
5. Scale and Load-Balance Your Web App within your VPC
6. Associate a Domain Name with your website
1. Introduction and Getting Started with AWS Learning Objectives
In this module, you can learn about the different projects and services of AWS. You can also understand the Global Infrastructure of AWS. The AWS course module will also cover different types of EC2 instances and instance purchasing options. Topics – Introduction to Cloud Computing, different AWS projects and services, setting up of the AWS account, AWS Global Infrastructure and its benefits, EC2 instances, different EC2 Instance purchasing options and placement groups.
Practicals to be covered – Setting up an AWS account
2. Amazon EC2 Learning Objectives
This module talks about the introduction to the compute offering from AWS called EC2. We will cover different Amazon AMIs. This also includes a demo on launching an AWS EC2 instance, connecting to an instance and hosting a website on the AWS EC2 instance. Topics – Amazon AMI, demo on AMI creation, security groups, key pairs, various tenancy options, Elastic IP vs Public IP.
Practicals to be covered – Launching a free tier Ubuntu Instance, deploying a WordPress Blog on Amazon EC2 Windows Instance.
3. Storage Services and AWS CLI Learning Objectives
In this module, you can learn about the different storage services offered by AWS, and how they can be used to transfer data from one place to another. Topics – Traditional storage tiers, disadvantages of traditional storage over cloud, AWS storage options: EBS, S3, Glacier, AWS Connecting Storage: Snowball & Storage Gateway and AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)
Practicals to be covered – Restoring an Amazon EBS volume from a Snapshot, hosting a website on Amazon S3, deploying an On-Premises Gateway (Gateway – Cached), running commands in AWS CLI.
4. Virtual Private Cloud & Direct Connect Learning Objectives
This module deals with the introduction to Amazon Virtual Private Cloud. It will help you understand how you can make public and private subnets with AWS VPC, along with a demo on creating VPC. This module will also provide an overview of AWS Direct Connect. Topics – Subnet and Subnet Mask, VPC and its benefits, Default and Non default VPC, Components of VPC and Direct Connect
Practicals to be covered – Building a non-default VPC and launching an instance in it
5. Database Services Learning Objectives
In this module, you can learn about the different database services offered by AWS to deal with structured and unstructured data. Topics – Different database services of AWS: Amazon RDS, DynamoBD, RedShift, ElastiCache
Practicals to be covered – Creating a Mysql DB Instance, creating table and running query in DynamoDB, launching a RedShift Cluster
6. Elastic Load Balancing & Auto Scaling
Learning Objectives – This module will help you learn the concepts of ‘Scaling’ and ‘Load distribution techniques’ in AWS. This module also includes a demo around load distribution and scaling your resources horizontally based on time or activity. Topics – Components and types of load balancing, auto scaling and its benefits, the life cycle of auto scaling, components and policies of auto scaling.
Practicals to be covered – Working with Elastic Load Balancer, maintaining high availability with Auto Scaling
7. Route 53 & Management Tools Learning Objectives
This module deals with Route 53 and the different management tools, which covers monitoring AWS resources, setting up alerts and notifications for AWS resources and AWS usage billing with AWS CloudWatch. Topics – Overview of Route 53, management tools: CloudTrail, CloudWatch, CloudFormation, and Trusted Advisor.
Practicals to be covered – Routing Traffic to AWS Resources through Route 53, enabling CloudTrail, Log Delivery to an S3 Bucket, setting up a billing alert, creating Stack and deploying it in CloudFormation
8. Application Services, AWS Lambda & Elastic Beanstalk Learning Objectives
In this module, you can learn about the different application services of AWS that are used for sending emails and notifications.This session also deals with the various compute services of AWS through which you can run your existing code in the cloud.. Topics – AWS Application Services: SQS, SNS, SES and AWS Compute Services: Lambda and Elastic Beanstalk.
Practicals to be covered – Sending an Email through SES, running an application through Beanstalk and Copy an S3 object through Lambda
9. OpsWorks, Security & Identity Services Learning Objectives
Through this module, you can understand how OpsWorks works, the various components of OpsWorks and how to create Chef recipes for OpsWorks. You can also learn how to achieve distribution of access control with AWS using IAM. Topics – Benefits, features and components of OpsWorks, benefits of Chef, Cookbook, Recipes, OpsWorks life cycle events, security and identity services, IAM and KMS.
Practicals to be covered – Creating a OpsWorks stack and deploy an app in the stack, creating an IAM user in AWS account, encrypt data stored in an S3 bucket using an encryption key.
10. Project Discussion & Mock Test Learning Objectives
This module is primarily a demo of an AWS Project using a real-life case study. It also has a Q&A session to prepare learners for AWS certifications.
Topics – Hands on workshop, Q&A, an overview of the AWS certifications.